IT Datnoid with striped raphael catfish??

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Yeah, I had a 7" dat with a 3-4" raph no problems. To begin with the dat was curious, but soon learned he couldn't eat a spiky, armoured catfish:p the birchir should be fine, there not very aggressive and generally only eat things they can fit in there mouths

Reactions: Nico alfonso

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'd keep an eye on the bichir which could possibly try to eat the little dat.The raphael should not be an issue since they usually hide most of the time and are rarely ever seen.

Nico alfonso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
I'd keep an eye on the bichir which could possibly try to eat the little dat.The raphael should not be an issue since they usually hide most of the time and are rarely ever seen.
It's 2 months and the bichir still haven't attempted a taste for my datnoid. I've seen them both under the dw, the datnoid always try to push out the bichir haha

Nico alfonso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
Btw can you give some fish that is very hardy and not that skittish that eat leftovers and plant matter that could be with a datnoid and a bichir? I'm planning to get rid of my silver dollars

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
As said the dat and catfish will be fine especially as they are about the same size, but your plarger poly could try to eat the other fish.

Nico alfonso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
As said the dat and catfish will be fine especially as they are about the same size, but your plarger poly could try to eat the other fish.
The endli almost ate the raph good thing I saw it immediatly, how a bout a bala shark? would it be an effective cleaner fish like the flagtail?

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
I was going to suggest bala sharks. Get about 4-5 of them. They are very good at cleaning up. I have some bala sharks with my 20" endlicheri bichir and datnoid. No problems at all. The bala sharks are around 10 inches.

Other fish that would work would be clown loaches, but you'd have to get them already in the 5 inch range to avoid being eaten by the bichir as the bichir grows.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store