Jack Trevally

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Just found a vendor here selling African trevally. Wonder if they are going to become more popular in the hobby. Doubt it though considering their size. Btw do yours never take off and hit the glass? I'd imagine they can smack it pretty hard considering how they fight on hook and line.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Just found a vendor here selling African trevally. Wonder if they are going to become more popular in the hobby. Doubt it though considering their size. Btw do yours never take off and hit the glass? I'd imagine they can smack it pretty hard considering how they fight on hook and line.
Killing themselves by slamming into the wall at a 2"-3" size seems common for trevally keepers in Singapore. I have not experienced that mainly because I keep a light on 24/7. I park my car 2 feet from the tank and pull in and out daily. Also my tank is not big enough for them to pick up speed.

Reactions: Chub_by

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Love the monthly updates! :D Gorgeous fish. Can i get a full tank shot? How big are they now? Hows the GT going? (i can't tell the difference in video as they move too much for me to spot differences :p )

Cheers!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store