Jardini arowana feeding difficulties

Jishu tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2015
Hi this is Jishu tj , I have a 6" jard. when it was about 4" in size it mostly consume only live feeder fish then few weeks later I froced him to adapt the krills now it devour only boiled chicken pieces and won't take any other foods such as krills, shrimp or even feeder fish. Don't know what will i do next but feelin its just dont want any other food except boiled chicken pieces. also tried to give him azoo sticks and arowana gourmet but still it shows no response to any of those specially prepared arowana food. Its really confused me so I want some suggestion from you guys. If it's good to be stick with boiled chicken pcs or sud i go for other and how can I do that ? :(

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Don't feed it anything for a week then throw a market shrimp in, i'm pretty sure it will take it if not starve it for another few days. Your aro won't die without food for weeks so don't worry about that.

Reactions: Jishu tj

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
I haven't read Evz' tread, but in my experience aro's always (even if it takes a while) seem to come round on live crickets and Hikari food sticks, you must get it off the chicken though. Mine would start by grabbing it, spitting it out, then eat one stick, have another and so on...
It will become stressful, but as said above its not going to starve itself to death in the presence of food

Reactions: Evz jardini

Jishu tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2015
I haven't read Evz' tread, but in my experience aro's always (even if it takes a while) seem to come round on live crickets and Hikari food sticks, you must get it off the chicken though. Mine would start by grabbing it, spitting it out, then eat one stick, have another and so on...
It will become stressful, but as said above its not going to starve itself to death in the presence of food
Chicken won't do your jar any good , here's a link to my jardini pellet training thread you'll find a few tips off everyone there ;)
Hope he eats pellets soon , don't worry to much about starving him onto them he won't starve himself to death survival instinct will kick in and it'll eat
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/getting-my-little-jardini-onto-pellets.570422/
my jardini is now 1' in size and he is happy with the pallets but now there are a new problem arise dont know what should i do. she isn't eating anything for 2 long days please give me a suggestion

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
my jardini is now 1' in size and he is happy with the pallets but now there are a new problem arise dont know what should i do. she isn't eating anything for 2 long days please give me a suggestion
check your water parameters. Any time my fish fast for more than a day its usually do to unseen water issues.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Keep a close eye on your jar if your waters in check and its acting unusual , try feeding a variety of foods over a period of a couple of weeks see if the change gets it eating again , any tankmates in with him ?

Jishu tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2015
Keep a close eye on your jar if your waters in check and its acting unusual , try feeding a variety of foods over a period of a couple of weeks see if the change gets it eating again , any tankmates in with him ?
Nope my jar is not acting unusual its just swimming normally as it always do. There is no tank mate for my jar. But at evening recently she try to eat only insects which get inside of her tank. I give him 4 spider today she eat all but not eating food sticks , shrimps don't understand the reason behind this never face this kinda situation before.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
They sometimes go off their food, mine stopped eating fish (frozen) for about a month, but continued to eat crickets and jumbo carnisticks. It started eating fish again this last week. Be sure the spiders aren't poisonous, crickets are very good for aro, and I've yet to meet one that doesn't eat them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store