Jebao DCP-15000 Water Return Pump

Nyrkorey

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Setting up my 8x3x2 and I've heard great things about these pumps.. I want one with an adjustable flow and these are rather cheap.. hard too find, has anyone have experience with these? And do you like them. I'm sure 15000 is overkill for me but I can just adjust the flow, I rather have more and dial down the vice versa

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I have got a Jebao ACQ-12000. It is similar, but AC not DC. It was cheap (even slightly cheaper than the DC version), loads of flow, so long as not too much head, and you can dial it back. Incredible value for money.

But, I don't really trust it. I only use it as a backup to an Iwaki (that cost an awful lot more but is study). The plastic of the impellors could easily get brittle, and the power controller is something else that could fail.

If you are going to use Jebao as a main pump, I would get two, so you can hot swap parts or the whole thing. They are cheap enough.

Nyrkorey

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
I have got a Jebao ACQ-12000. It is similar, but AC not DC. It was cheap (even slightly cheaper than the DC version), loads of flow, so long as not too much head, and you can dial it back. Incredible value for money.

But, I don't really trust it. I only use it as a backup to an Iwaki (that cost an awful lot more but is study). The plastic of the impellors could easily get brittle, and the power controller is something else that could fail.

If you are going to use Jebao as a main pump, I would get two, so you can hot swap parts or the whole thing. They are cheap enough.
I will indeed pick up two then and see what happens thanks for the reply my friend

Reactions: Midwater

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Have had my fair share of dcp pumps and on all of them the controller has failed on me, more precisely the powerinlet on the controller, so if i where you and was looking for a pump in the same pricerange id pick jebaos dcq pumps instead. They come with an upgraded controlunit where it can fail like the dcp controler.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I love the Jabao and run a lot of them. I seem to get about 6 years out of each one

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I have a couple jebao 10000s and a 20000. Theyre great pumps for the money. I find they work best around 50-60% power, theyre much quieter and generate less waste heat that way.

The 2x 10000s have been running for ~5 years continuously now and still function as they did on day 1. The controller is simple but effective imo. I dont know if we could expect the same reliability as you would from the premium pump brands but these pumps are perfect for the MFKer on a budget. If i had to replace them tomorrow i would still be pleased with their performance thus far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store