Jeremy Wade swims with wild oarfish

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Awesome moment for Jeremy. Lucky chance for sure!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Looks like Jeremy ran out of freshwater fish to catch. If he has to start chasing saltwater fish now the show might as well just fold up it tents. There are a hundred shows about ocean species, no rivers, no monsters no show.

As soon as he went after the loch ness monster I knew the show was in trouble.

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
Looks like Jeremy ran out of freshwater fish to catch. If he has to start chasing saltwater fish now the show might as well just fold up it tents. There are a hundred shows about ocean species, no rivers, no monsters no show.

Or they could just rename the show to Ocean Monsters instead.

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey

i wasnt a huge fan of the loch ness monster one, but i think it was sort of shoehorned into monster week. though it did have some interesting stuff with the skate and the greenland shark. though i enjoy the trips to the amazon better. the interaction with the locals adds to the show..

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Wow. I thought they lived in the depths utterly beyond diving ability. Looks like I was wrong. IIRC, and he says it himself, very few people have seen an oarfish in its element, as opposed to dead or dying near / on the surface. And I thought none of them were divers but rather from inside a bathyscaphe or a submarine.

Mod Thanatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2016
Indiana, USA

What!? I must have missed that episode :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store