Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Knight gobys??

Discussion in 'General Brackish' started by Jared T, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Jared T

Jared T MFK Members

Jan 5, 2014
      I have read that knight gobys are freshwater fish that can live in brackish, is this true. Can I keep one in 100% freshwater?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

2. Jared T

Jared T MFK Members

Jan 5, 2014
      Are they strictly brackish or can they thrive in freshwater

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

3. Hoyo12

Hoyo12 MFK Members

Apr 15, 2015
      Can it be done? Yes, but is it recommended? Some people will disagree with the idea of keeping them in full freshwater, but others say that it is fine. It can take an impact on their health over time, but I myself have seen them be kept in full freshwater without any issues for an extended period of time. I have also kept them in brackish water without issues as well, so it's ulitmately your pick. I don't believe that it should be too big of a deal.

4. eklikewhoa

eklikewhoa MFK Members

Jul 15, 2013
      I had one for a little while in straight fw, it's now moved on to another owner and she's keeping him in fw with goldfish and he seems happy as can be.

5. Jared T

Jared T MFK Members

Jan 5, 2014
    6. everlastace

everlastace MFK Members

Mar 9, 2015
      They only get around 4", if memory serves me correctly, so a couple of them could go in a tank as small as about 30 gallons. I once had 3 of them in fully fresh and they did very well in a 55 with numerous tank mates.

7. spitz006

spitz006 MFK Members

May 2, 2014
      I've always supported that they be kept in brackish.. but the guy at my local fish store keeps them in full freshwater and they are extremely beautiful and seem more active. Hard to argue with that.. he keeps them with discus, tetras, etc.