Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

L600 vs L240

Discussion in 'Plecos' started by L600, Mar 28, 2012.

1. L600

L600 MFK Members

Oct 9, 2013
      So I just bought a 3-4" L240 and when I put him in the tank my L600 tried to eat the L240. I mean the L600 had its whole mouth around the L240's dorsal fin. Luckily the L240 escape with just a few tears in the dorsal fin. I separated the L240 immediately. My L600 also lives with a 3" L14 and 3" L48 peacefully and the L600 never messes with the those guys. Should I just assume the L600 was just curious about the L240? Can I place the L240 back?

2. plecoking2010

plecoking2010 MFK Members

Yesterday at 6:20 PM
      I have so many different types and family together and I have never had a problem a little scuffle once in a while but nothing major I think he will be ok just watch home for a while

3. ElectricBlueSeanBurch

ElectricBlueSeanBurch MFK Members

Yesterday at 9:03 PM
    4. Jackson

Jackson MFK Members

May 4, 2014
      Take them all out rearange some of the decor and then place them back in. If the attacks from the 600 continues you might have to keep the 240 in anoyther tank. You can also lower the temp a bit and see if that helps.

5. Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello MFK Members

Yesterday at 10:30 AM
      How big is the L600? One other thought, all my plecos (3 L114 and 1 L7 in a 75 g) like to congregate near the intake for the cannister filter- more water flow. You may want to establish some more water flow at the other end of the tank for all your plecos.

6. L600

L600 MFK Members

Oct 9, 2013
      The L600 is 11" easily.

90 gallon

7. Jackson

Jackson MFK Members

May 4, 2014
      The fish is too small to be kept with such a big and aggressive fish. The others are lucky it has not turned on them as well.

8. tamks

tamks New Member

Jul 6, 2013
      You may want to add some driftwood for the L240 to hid

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

9. tigerjace

tigerjace MFK Members

Yesterday at 3:11 PM
      Normally bigger plecos aren't threatened by much smaller plecos and have no need to get aggressive with them. He might just be curious or maybe your not feeding the L600 enough and he's just hungry and looking for food. Plecos feel with their mouths so just because the L600 had its mouth on him does not mean its aggression. Put the vampire back in and monitor..my opinion but then again what do i know. GL.

10. Allan01230

Allan01230 MFK Members

Yesterday at 10:50 PM
      Hey L600 that is my old beast isn't it? lol He never like vampires as I tried a few with him and he always fought with them. I have had him with bn and small L-14 before without any issues. Glad he is still running the show LOL