Large Freshwater Flounder

Moois232

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right section but I was wondering if anyone had any info on large fw flounder or where to get them? I've seen the small 2-3" ones but I was looking more towards the 5-7" ones to get. Has anyone kept large ones and have any info on size, growth rates, or diet? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right section but I was wondering if anyone had any info on large fw flounder or where to get them? I've seen the small 2-3" ones but I was looking more towards the 5-7" ones to get. Has anyone kept large ones and have any info on size, growth rates, or diet? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Well, the small ones you see in pet stores do get 5-6 inches long once they grow up. mine grew within 2 years to that size. but they are brackish.

there also pure fresh water flounders/soles/tounglefish. fresh water ones come from south americal and asia. (the brackish ones are native US fish).

I advise you to buy a 4-5 of them because i found that some refuse to eat and die. I feed mine frozen blood worms. Once they got larger, they ate small shrimp and sinking pelletes.

And you should only keep them as species only or with other slow moving fish. and sand is a must.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store