lei or jar

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I too would go leichardti. I have seen tons of jars. But I have only seen 2 lei's in person. And one is in my tank :)

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
Is your lei in a community tank curently, and when you bought him was he in a community tank?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Is your lei in a community tank curently, and when you bought him was he in a community tank?
He was when i got him and he is now as well. Now he is w/

2x cichla piquitti
2x cichla orino
10xendi
2x ornate
striped raphael cat
silver aro

im adding my black in bout a month or so.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I think im going with lei now!
You wont regret it! Good luck finding one, they are much more rare than jardinis and MUCH more expensive in Hawaii. I've owned around 5 or so jar's that either jumped or I sold/gave away (friends, uncle, family, and even a uncle with a display tank in his bar), but only one lei. That lei was much nicer (in color, shape, and personality) than any of the jars that i've had. People who saw it complimented it as the nicest jardini/arowana they ever saw! lol! :) The body and fin coloration was beautiful. Looking at some of the pic's on the net of lei's, I see some with kind of a goofy bullet shaped head, but mine's wasn't as round. His head didn't slope downwards to the nose... Kinda stayed straight like a jar but not really spoonheaded. Miss him.:(

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
You wont regret it! Good luck finding one, they are much more rare than jardinis and MUCH more expensive in Hawaii. I've owned around 5 or so jar's that either jumped or I sold/gave away (friends, uncle, family, and even a uncle with a display tank in his bar), but only one lei. That lei was much nicer (in color, shape, and personality) than any of the jars that i've had. People who saw it complimented it as the nicest jardini/arowana they ever saw! lol! :) The body and fin coloration was beautiful. Looking at some of the pic's on the net of lei's, I see some with kind of a goofy bullet shaped head, but mine's wasn't as round. His head didn't slope downwards to the nose... Kinda stayed straight like a jar but not really spoonheaded. Miss him.:(
I have always seen at least one every 2 years and I've seen its coloration its personally beautiful. I never had the cash to get one now that im older I can finally get one I remember when liliha tropical had a shoal of babies in their tank. Can't wait to find one :)

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
My vendor is Leighton actually they both cost around the same here. I was thinking jar cause it gets a spoonhead
o damm,, i bought a ngt from him before.. great service. he shipped it from from hawaii to ny with no problem whatsoever

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
i love my aro, but he is grower bigger & just becoming more n more aggressive... i hate to let him go, but im gonna do so & get a lei

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I have always seen at least one every 2 years and I've seen its coloration its personally beautiful. I never had the cash to get one now that im older I can finally get one I remember when liliha tropical had a shoal of babies in their tank. Can't wait to find one :)
I'll let you know if I spot any when I make some pet store runs around the island. Liliha tropical has gone way downhill from when they first started. They use to bring in some cool and exotic fish (some really nice flowerhorns too). Now the store is kinda dead, nothing new or interesting. Don't think they'll last much longer. Post some pics of your aro if you find one. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store