Leptobotia elongata...who is keeping them?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So I saw one in a local shop(that's right...a shop here actually has something really rare lol)it looks to be about six inches and is priced well enough to tempt me.I would like to get some first hand information from those who are or have kept them before I pull the trigger.Photos are welcomed as well,thanks.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Mine hid all the time so after a couple years it was bye bye to an unexpecting buyer for $40. Thing was about 7 to 8". Wouldn't purchase one as they are nothing like the fish we refer to as loaches. Basically a hiding piece of driftwood.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Get it, your results may vary :) I assume they'd like a group like most loaches too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigShawn

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Mine hid all the time so after a couple years it was bye bye to an unexpecting buyer for $40. Thing was about 7 to 8". Wouldn't purchase one as they are nothing like the fish we refer to as loaches. Basically a hiding piece of driftwood.
Thanks for the replies,I'll have to think hard on it as I wouldn't want another constant hider no matter how impressive it looks.I'd get tired of it really fast lol.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
What are we talking pricewise here? is it gamble-worthy money? haha. I'd buy one of those if I found any at a local shop, I think they look great, plus the poly tank they'd go in wouldn't have anywhere to actually hide haha.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Worse case scenario if you don't like the fish...just sell it to me! haha

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's a hundred bucks.I actually saw it a few weeks ago and the way it was just laying on the bottom in the center of the tank I thought that it was dead...fast forward and it's still there... in a different spot but very much alive lol.

Reactions: UnstoppableJayD

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
for 100 ... buy it.. they were ok... they hid but came out to eat and i think eventually would have been more active.. They did not school with my clowns as I had hoped..I lost one in my bio tower when it got into the drain and then sold the other one when trying to thin some stock.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
at 100 bucks you can make that back or at least close if you hate the fish. those things go for at least 100 anytime I see them up for sale.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
at 100 bucks you can make that back or at least close if you hate the fish. those things go for at least 100 anytime I see them up for sale.
Oh I know but I always have trouble selling a fish when the need arises and there is no one nearby who would take it.I'd likely have to drive a fair distance,out of state probably in order to sell it and that eats into my sale price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store