levamisole worms help asap!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Looks like one ofy tanks has callamanus worms. Looking to get levamisole. Tomorrow im gonna call some vets but incase i cant find any i found this link

this HTML class. Value is http://subquaria.com

The dosing says 10 grams per 150 gal but i thought it was 1 gram per 100 gals

Is this correct anyone know where i can get levamisole ?

As far as the tank goes it looks like its just one fish im going to move him to qt tomorrow and treat both tanks. Im thinking i should remove all the sand and leave the main tank bare bottom until i get this sorted out.

Any help would be much appreciated. The main tank has the following pearsei, dehelzi birchir, L200 pleco, spotted raph cat, small group of tiger barbs, and a vieja heterospilus who is gonna beoved to qt

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Also found panacur-c its for dogs..its Fenbendazole

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
With discus we treat up to 5g per 100g all you need to do is add the Levamisole and leave it in your tank for 48 hours. The medication stays in the water until you remove it with water changes, carbon, a diatom filter or combination of these methods. At the end of 48 hours, change out 90 percent of the water and vacuum the substrate as well as possible. Wipe down all walls and lids to remove dead worms and eggs/cysts. The palnaria and camallanus worms will try to crawl up the walls to the lid when dying, so be sure to take the lid apart and clean well.
Repeat procedure in 7 days as the life cycle of eggs/cysts that you may have missed in the first treatment will hatch at this time.
in the Midwest we can find it in the big farm stores like FLEET FARM but not sure where you'll find it in NYC besides your local Vet.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Heres a vid of what it looks like.

Im gonna start calling around now.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I found these two oriducts which one do you guys think i should get ?

First pic is lev but its 99% and says 10 grams per 150 gal in the directions

Second pic is Fenbendazole. Which is soaked into the food

PaperBagpackagingMockuppsd-500x500.jpg

41qEGC3MGDL._SL1500_-1.jpg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
If you get is from subaquaria, I would use the dosing from loachesonline

You can also get it from this guy who sells levimasole HCL (the HCL is important for water solubility) BUT, use the dosing from loaches online. He will ask you for your tank size, and send you the amount based on his treatment regime, which is considerably a much higher dosage than RD. recommends (loaches online)

http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/

Other option

http://www.drugs.com/vet/levamisole-hydrochloride-soluble-pig-wormer.html

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
How do you feel about the Fenbendazole ? Amazon has it and i could have it by saturday?

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Never used the fenbendazole only because levamisole is avaialble for purchase locally here. Herd of great results from fen. But not from experience. I would go for the one you can get your hands on the quickest! .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store