live food vs. non-living food.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
bOOsteN aUdI;2136626; said:
yeaaa!!!!! boooo to this because mine are the same way and the fish on pellets tend to grow twice as fast!
yea I think so as well. I am at the point were I just may starve them out for a month to get them on pellets. It's funny because I have starved them for a few days and feel bad so I start right back with the shrimp but I am going to try to get everybody on pellets soon.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
yea same here... i am fattening my guys up with gut loaded feeders as we speak just to starve them down the road :screwy: i hate starving them and i feel bad after a day lol.. oh well i want them all on a quality pellet!

jiNRo.

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
Bay Area, CA
what kind of GOOD QUALITY PELLETS are there?

btw update. one of my tems are starting to hit the shirmp only if i throw it in water...i mean throw. hahah

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
jiNRo.;2137413; said:
what kind of GOOD QUALITY PELLETS are there?

btw update. one of my tems are starting to hit the shirmp only if i throw it in water...i mean throw. hahah
I personally like the Bio Gold. On the expensive side but all of my cichlids love it. Only draw back I find here is the price at $20.00 a bag and I have yet to find a LFS that sells large pellets only medium.

Rebel Souljah

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Oahu Grown!
jiNRo.;2136819; said:
yeah. my little ocell, that i just got like a month ago is starting to how is red on in its tail fin. im super excited but my tems are almost the same size but they're not showing any color yet.

Q: about what length should pb show any type od color?
mine are about 4.5" now and the are starting to show the gold bars around the black line that runs down their sides...and also gold around their ocell

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store