Longfin Silver Arowana

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Picked this guy up today, I saw him last week and I liked the way he looked. Very long fins, twice as long as my Albino Aro's fin and what caught my eye first was his head, I remember reading up on Spoonhead Aro's and thought maybe this could be one, his head looks different than m other aro.

What do you all think? Paid $170 for it, about same size as my Albino but looks bigger because of his fins and has long trailers...

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
What a beast, I would gladly pay $170 for him--regardless if others would. The fins are a plus, the spoonhead is amazing.

One day Ill have my dream Aro community.

Seriously, nice pick up. I would probably pay much more than $170 if I had the chance and proper tank.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I couldn't find any info on spoonhead silvers, if that's what this is but did find info of spoonhead asians. If this was normal run of the mill silver, he would still be there but with those very long fins and that highback that makes it look like a spoonhead, I had to get it.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Nice pick up Jay the tail nice and long and the head look like a spoon head which is better looking.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Yea thats the only reason I got him. Have you seen one before?
one? i have seen plenty and if the seller know more about the spoon head they will jack up the price. The price you got is a steal IMO.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
I'm not an arowana expert but I personally would pay 300$ plus for him. Aro come by a lot but gorgeous aro and long fin like this don't come by to often. He's a keeper for show tank IMO.

Reactions: Owens
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store