Looking to redo my 125 gallon Cichlid

tlscott77

Feeder Fish
Aug 9, 2010
Sunny Side Of Louisville
I have a 125 gallon cichlid that has a 40 sump attached for filtration. I have a mixtuire ranging from mbuna, peacocks, haps, and one Frontosa, also two Pletcos. I would really like to go with all Fronts. I hear that they are very hard to keep. So far I've planned on painting the background black and going with black sand with plants. Been researching Black Diamond Crushed Coal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
I have five wild caught adult frontosas in a 135 gallon tank. This is the third time I have had frontosas. Don't add a bunch of other fish in with them and do regular water changes and you should be fine. They are majestic and big but not as active as many cichlids. You might become bored with their behaviour. It is not my only tank so I don't mind a "calm" tank amongst the others.

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
I have a 125 gallon cichlid that has a 40 sump attached for filtration. I have a mixtuire ranging from mbuna, peacocks, haps, and one Frontosa, also two Pletcos. I would really like to go with all Fronts. I hear that they are very hard to keep. So far I've planned on painting the background black and going with black sand with plants. Been researching Black Diamond Crushed Coal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Been keeping Cyphos for a long time. Happy to help. Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number and help answer any questions. They are really not hard to keep.

HEMP111

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2015
Greenville SC area
Russ is the guy to talk too! As far as the Black Diamond, I have it in 4 of my tanks and absolutely love it! But be careful and not get too fine grit, it's hard to keep it settled in the bottom with any current at all. I use the medium size now, and yes, I found this out the hard way!
Chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store