Luxurious 8' Reticulated Python enclosure

Gat714

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2013
US
Hello to all. This is my first post to the monster forums. Let me know what you think of my new cage! It's an 8'x3'x3' cage. The frame is made out of 2x4's and the walls on the inside are foam boards. I then attached self adhesive "wood print" vinyl to the inside.

For heat i have a 160 watt RHP controlled by a Herpstat ND. I have the lights on a digital timer. The come on in the morning at 7am, then kick off at night at 9pm. When they kick off at night, my black lights come on.

I also have a humidifier setup to automatically come on for 15 minutes every 3 hours. It keeps the humidity up around 70% or so. She's had amazing sheds after i added this system. The shelf and branch are removable for deep cleaning.

A lot of hard work went into this cage, please let me know what you think!

Glueing the foam boards to the 2x4's

My $6 homemade snake hook

The shelf and log were stained, then coated with polyurethane

The finished product!

She loves her basking shelf

I drilled out the back of the cow scull and ran the humidifier plumbing behind it. The humidity comes out through the eyes and nose.

The cage fills up with humidity nicely.

And this is Alice. She's a 1 and a half year old, 11 foot long White Phase Tiger Retic.

I go back and forth between repti bark and outdoor carpet. The carpet is easier to keep up, but the bark looks nicer.

When the black light kicks on at night, the blue flowers and Alice really glow!

Thanks for looking!

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
That is a sweet snake and cool setup, I like the cattle skull fogger

Edwardo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
The cage must hold heat in like crazy, with the foamboard all around.

I haven't heard good things about certain types of blacklights and snakes eyes, why not just go with total darkness at night?

Very nicely done, you definatly have skills.

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Sweet setup, awesome snake, and cool cattle skull fogger. If you want to try another diy snake hook, get any cheap old golf club, cut off the club end, and put the metal frame of a paint roller on that end. Thats what i do, but have never handled a retic with it

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Impressive job and a beauty retic! Wellcome!

But why go cheap on the hook?

Gat714

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2013
US
Thanks everyone. I went cheap on the hook because it's only used to rub her head when i take her out (so to speak). I dont move her at all with it so i didnt need a $60 steel hook. Trust me, the other $54 went into the cage!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
:)

I know wht you mean...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store