Mad Max the GATF and Chicxulub's other ATF

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
EDIT-

I've gone back and consolidated all of the ATF threads that I could find. Some picture spamming that I did about Max and non-ATF fishes in late 2012 I didn't merge back into this thread because they're either duplicates or irrelevant to this thread.

The huge, famous Mad Max thread now starts on post 83 on page 9. Here's a link:

Clickity click click

Please enjoy reading about my (mis)adventures with African tiger fish. I'm sure I've missed something, but I've got most of it I reckon.

Oh! And yes, you're seeing that right: the very first thread that mentioned the now-famous Mad Max actually didn't get a single reply. Who'd have thought he'd become what he did?

[hr][/hr]

This is my new goliath tigerfish. I got him two weeks ago. He's 2.5".

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340937788.707865.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Yesterday I noticed that my young GATFs teeth were all crooked and snaggle toothed. This morning I noticed his teeth were gone. Today when I got home from work, he had all new, larger teeth. He had hit a growth spurt and hadn't been eating for a few days and now I know why!

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
yup, quite normal, and usually less apt to feed during this time, although mine do sometimes .... mine shed their teeth about once a month

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
yeah, you'll see there teeth get all crooked, then if you look closely the roof of their mouth on the inside has like a lot of meat in it, then the new teeth will quickly come in

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Yep my two gatf just shed theirs last week and are tearing silversides apart now, the mouth sorta looks like a African pike with the swelling while it happens

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store