Male BD been stung

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Guess it's all you can do mate, keep it as calm as poss and hope he pulls through.

Noticed after my male Hystrix started molesting two females I have recently, he had several stings all round the underside of his disc near his mouth, but they didn't seem to affect him or weaken his amorous pursuits.

Hopefully being a big healthy strapping male it will help him recover. Not sure what to say really, just feel bad. Let's hope the night brings rest to the male and the morning has some change for the better
Thanks mate and appreciate the kind words and thoughts . Always been my worst nightmare a ray that is sick and not knowing if or how you can help . He has been a right horny bugger of late and has been stung and ripped open many times in the past but I have never seen him like this.
All this and sat here watching my dog looking very unhappy, buster collar on and ear full of stitches. Only thing stopping her freaking out is the major load of anaesthetic she has before the op today and that will wear off as the night goes on.
All in all this is going to be a **** night. Had a beer or 2 and now a gin and tonic in the vane hope I may get some rest tonight lol

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Well he is still alaive. Been in the same position all night and still fiting. Can't hold his body still and not moving around the tank at all. All the other rays are staying away from him as if they know something is wrong.
A helpless feeling does not even begin to cover it.
Thanks for all the kind words people. I am surprised he is still with us this morning but i dont have high hopes for him today.

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
Hi Jim I hope he pulls through for you mate !!!!! . I'm feeling it for you to mate,keep your chin up!!!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Hi Jim I hope he pulls through for you mate !!!!! . I'm feeling it for you to mate,keep your chin up!!!
Thanks Alan. Difficult times are rubbish in this game, but nothing you can do other than to ride it out. Certainly won't allow i to put me off and i am already trying to take the positives out of it. If he does pass on he leaves behind a great legacy of the only male pup i kept (my avatar pic) and also 2 currently gravid females, one BD and one Hybrid. Hopefully he got the job done with the other female BD that has got him into this state! At least then in a ironic sot of way it would have been worth it although obviously i would rather he had not had this happen to him in the process!

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
funny that jim i was going to say u have a son of his in the waiting if it goes the wrong way,but lets hope it goes for the better.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store