Male BD been stung

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Quick 8 a.m update. He is moving around occasionally, still having little convulsions. Looks as though he is chocking on something but cant see anything inside his mouth from what i can see.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
So far so good Jim.
Unlikely he has anything lodged in him so leave things as they are, he is now improving at a nice steady pace, the choking will subside in a few days I reckon.
Every day there is a change in him now, fingers crossed hey.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
So far so good Jim.
Unlikely he has anything lodged in him so leave things as they are, he is now improving at a nice steady pace, the choking will subside in a few days I reckon.
Every day there is a change in him now, fingers crossed hey.
For sure mate, every day gives me a little more hope. Lets pray for further improvement over the weekend. Its great to see him actually move around a bit. I just hope he is not in pain.

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
Hi Jim,ive been away and have just seen this thread,firstly im very sorry to hear this,secondly for what it's worth around 10 years ago now i had a large male henlei that went through exactly the same thing after being stung badly,he was like this for 8 days,i had more or less given up hope on him but he came through in the end,for me the most positive thing you have mentioned is that he is not pulling his eyes into his head anymore,i would say that is a very good sign,there is nothing else you can do in these situation's but let him ride it out and hope he comes through it,every extra day he is still alive is a positive sign and hopefully he will pull back from it for you,i wish you and him all the luck in the world.
Giles.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Hi Jim,ive been away and have just seen this thread,firstly im very sorry to hear this,secondly for what it's worth around 10 years ago now i had a large male henlei that went through exactly the same thing after being stung badly,he was like this for 8 days,i had more or less given up hope on him but he came through in the end,for me the most positive thing you have mentioned is that he is not pulling his eyes into his head anymore,i would say that is a very good sign,there is nothing else you can do in these situation's but let him ride it out and hope he comes through it,every extra day he is still alive is a positive sign and hopefully he will pull back from it for you,i wish you and him all the luck in the world.
Giles.
Hi Giles, thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes. As you know he is my only breeding male. Traumatic does not cover how this week has been lol. Good to hear stories from people who have been through similar situations as it always gives me hope that he may just pull through this. Just got to stay positive for him.

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Interesting thread that really sheds some light on the difficulties of ray keeping. Best of luck for your male. You have the support of the community.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store