Man acaras move fast

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I got two electric blue acaras monday. One is 3 inches one is 3.5 inches. I guessed on sexes just by watching behavior at the fish store.

Came home tonight to find mama challenging a 10 inch sen guarding a clutch of eggs on my drift wood...

Will post pics tomarrow. however any advice is warrented never bred acaras before

Tank is 125g
3 polypterus sens
3 gold marble angels
2electric blue acara
Around 7 bn plecs

My mind is officialy blown....maybe it was all the protein from the night crawlers they snatched from my sens...

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I got two electric blue acaras monday. One is 3 inches one is 3.5 inches. I guessed on sexes just by watching behavior at the fish store.

Came home tonight to find mama challenging a 10 inch sen guarding a clutch of eggs on my drift wood...

Will post pics tomarrow. however any advice is warrented never bred acaras before

Tank is 125g
3 polypterus sens
3 gold marble angels
2electric blue acara
Around 7 bn plecs

My mind is officialy blown....maybe it was all the protein from the night crawlers they snatched from my sens...

Yeah tell me about it my female is a pain in the behind.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I hope they make it I wanted more than two anyway. At my Local fish club auctions they should move like hot cakes being less aggressive cichlids.

I was just In shock that they were that comfortable only being with me for 3 days :D

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Well no luck either they didn not get fertialized or somthing else went wrong they all went the dried up little ball rout so she ate them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store