Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
      Dismiss Notice

Mental stimulation

Discussion in 'Reptiles, Amphibians and Other Exotic Pets' started by armaggedonx, Mar 31, 2012.

1. armaggedonx

armaggedonx MFK Members

Keith
      Aug 28, 2013
      I have a dobermanns pincsher and have been reading a lot about their specific requirements and one is advanced mental stimuli. I'm thinking of using "tracking" as his brain training to keep his mind occupied and active but how would you go about setting up a situation for him? Like hide a bit of food in the woods but spray something smelly every so often on the way or what?

Move this thread to general discussion if you wish by the way! Lol

Cheers,
      Keith

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

2. Megabass

Megabass MFK Members

Jan 20, 2013
      Schutzhund theory and training methods by stuart hilliard and sue barwig,its an excellent book that covers in detail the how to's on tracking,attack work and basic to advanced obedience,i have rottweilers and have used the methods in this book for years

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

3. Paperfish

Paperfish MFK Members

Jan 8, 2014
      /agree with Megabass. Schutzhund training is done incrementally relies on the dog's willingness and trainers ability to encourage and bring out the dog's natural inclinations.

Tracking is taught in baby steps too. Get the books, and read up on it. It's a wonderful sport to participate in with your dogs.

4. armaggedonx

armaggedonx MFK Members

Keith
      Aug 28, 2013
      Cheers for the replies! I'll try get the book most definitely!

I'm thinking tracking because I also hunt, using whippets and soon a redtail hawk so it could prove productive training it in something I could use :D

5. Megabass

Megabass MFK Members

Jan 20, 2013
      Cool,i hunt with bow,and shotgun,and my brother has a red tail hawk he hunts with a jack russell

6. armaggedonx

armaggedonx MFK Members

Keith
      Aug 28, 2013
      Sweet. I have a 2-2 air rifle too. Was gonna get a shotgun licence but you can't have any convictions before your licence is even considered.....there goes my chance! Lol