Metal Shelving from Lowes

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Yeah, the problem is I have a little Chevy Cruze so I can't haul.... anything.
Lol. You don't know anyone with a truck? For work I got a lifted F250 company truck. ;) I got a Kia Soul as a personal everyday driver... With racks.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
It would be nice if they had a similar stand only 18 inches wide. It looks like a good stand with plenty of strength.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
If the selves are welded then it should be ok, but if they are adjustable...I wouldn't trust it.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
There was a thread about a similar rack, but from Home Depot, a couple of months ago.

On that post, I advised against using the rack. Reason being that while it can support a maximum weight of 1 ton, there'll probably be a bit of flexion/torsion, especially when the weight gets close to the maximum. This flexion/torsion will cause your tank to put unequal pressure to the tank which can over time may compromise the tank's seal. Remember, this rack is NOT designed for aquarium use.

Reactions: celebrist

Lawlboom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Virginia Beach
Why would it flex though? If the weight is distributed evenly, like it would be. Shouldn't the amount of weight per square foot be the same?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Why would it flex though? If the weight is distributed evenly, like it would be. Shouldn't the amount of weight per square foot be the same?
This is a mass produced product, using the most minimal and cheapest quality material and unlikely built to a high tolerant level...........to maximize profit. Plus, it is assembled by the owner(s), not welded or even bolted at the very least.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I would also be worried about it not having diagonal supports unless I missed something in the picture. If you do decide to put your two tanks on it, please keep us updated.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I have racks that are adjustable and what holds it in place is a cheap plastic ring(two halves) that are keyed to small indents in the metal posts. These have slipped on me with very little pressure despite the advertised max weight load.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I have similiar racks like this at work and I seen them collapse with a lot less weight then what they recomeded. I would not trust 2 125's on them . Not trying to be a clown but just something to think about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store