Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS!

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Just because a fish is illegal to keep doesn't mean they aren't fun to fish for. Huh.

Personally - I'd love to catch some Oscars!

ChuckSon_NB

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Brandywine, MD
Yea that too lol. We didn't come across any though. I think They are mostly north. Not sure though.

Maybe because it's kinda illegal to keep them alive under any circumstances....

Sent from my SCH-R830C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

haywood

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
nj
Nice fish. The snakeheads are not located in Miami, they're in northern broward to boca raton . Would you be willing to share privately where you got them? They're one of the few cichlids I haven't caught yet. Saw one while peacock bass fishing today but couldn't get him to eat my live bait, as they were too big.

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Nice,I like the big orange one with the black on it's sides...I realize such fish are well established down in Florida but in removing this group, you've done a small part for the environment.
so I take it there are no size or quantity limit for non-local species? oscars, pbass and etc? I see a road trip in the future

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
You've inspired me to make a trip now lol

Sent from my D6708 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Pretty sure peacock bass are illegal to take from the wild anyways right? Because florida fish and game put them there to get rid of those fish you're catching XD. I really regret I didn't do any freshwater fishing on the last visit in florida :(, I just caught some snappers and a couple small sharks at the keys but that's it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store