Midwest Custom Aquarium owners?

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
I know some of you read my post last week about my 210 gallon AGA tank breaking. I decided in the next few months to replace it with a 180 gallon acrylic aquarium. From what I've seen Midwest Custom Aquariums is about the best quality, so I think I'm going to go with a tank from them. I was just curious what people thought of their tanks and if they'd change anything. If there are any good brands you'd suggest I'd take a look at them as well. Tank pictures would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Aaron

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I can't say enough about mine. It's the 300 in my sig. Chris was awesome to deal with, built the tank exactly the way I wanted and did it pretty quick. About 3 1/2 weeks from order to my door. Came fedx freight in perfect condition.

Tank itself is the nicest I own. I have several other brands but Midwest just does a nicer, cleaner job IMO.
I will be giving them my future business for sure.

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
Cool. I've actually checked out your thread a lot. It's what got me interested in considering one. I know from looking at all your pictures the quality looks amazing.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Cool. I've actually checked out your thread a lot. It's what got me interested in considering one. I know from looking at all your pictures the quality looks amazing.
Oh that's cool! Yeah they do a really amazing job. Lotsa really good builders out there but the attention to detail is what really impressed me. Good luck!

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
I have a 375 from Midwest custom. I *LOVE* the tank. It is exactly the way I wanted, and the quality is great. I spent a good bit of time picking a manufacturer for my tank, and I'm glad I ended up going the way I did. I have a build thread here somewhere.... Anyway, it has lots of pics of the tank.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
So yeah, bumping up and old thread. I got a price quote of $1440 for a 5' x 3' x 2' tank from them. How much does shipping usually go for?

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
So yeah, bumping up and old thread. I got a price quote of $1440 for a 5' x 3' x 2' tank from them. How much does shipping usually go for?
Depends on weight and distance. I'm sure they can get you a freight quote.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I got the stand, sump, and 540 gallon tank shipped for $835.

ETA: Why don't you borrow/rent a trailer and drive up and pick it up? You're 8 hours away.

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
I'm looking at them too for a new reef tank. I was quoted at $2190 for an 8'x30"x2' with corner overflow. Would love 10' length, but the price easily doubles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store