Mikula Group Nyatzi

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Russ, Great looking fish and photos are always top notch. I didn't know you were on mfk.

Reactions: Razzo

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Mighty great job on the lighting. The image had a lot of contrast with the darkish color of the Front and white sand. Russ you did an excellent job in contrast control as I can see the subtle color of the white sand but the Fronts still stood out !!!

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Mighty great job on the lighting. The image had a lot of contrast with the darkish color of the Front and white sand. Russ you did an excellent job in contrast control as I can see the subtle color of the white sand but the Fronts still stood out !!!
Thanks for the kind words chopsteeks :)

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
I'm not sure what impressed me the most - the fish or the photography. Both aspects are great. What kind of lens are you using?

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
I've never seen such good photographs of this fish. Nice setup too..

Cheers,

Karthik

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
I'm not sure what impressed me the most - the fish or the photography. Both aspects are great. What kind of lens are you using?
I've never seen such good photographs of this fish. Nice setup too..

Cheers,

Karthik
Thanks again for the kind words. I have been smitten by this species of fish for almost 20 years. I am very thankful to have a couple big tanks with them swimming in my basement.

The lens is a Tamron wide angle zoom 24mm

I've always liked and enjoyed photography. This site actually helped me develop this particular style of aquatic photography. Take a peek at the Aquatic Photogrpahy forum of this site especially under the DSLR gallery. There are several members there who have been my inspiration to grow and develop this technique: one of which is Greenterra (Brent). Brent was kind enough and gracious with his time to answer my questions and sort of, be a mentor to me. Very thankful for his influence. Check out this forum, go back, and search for Brent's posts and also Aquasaur's posts. Those guys take some amazing pics.

Reactions: KarthikC
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store