Mini marble attacking bubbles

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
My female mm use to play with bubbles all the time. She would make her own though. I named her Splash because she would swim up the side of the glass and splash on the surface and trap the bubbles as she came back down and eat em. Lol

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
lmfao you do water changes with the garden hose?
always use a garden hose for water changes,, now i have a drip system so i do not use it too
often,, this pic is when i did my huge change right before i added the fish... why so funny? would you rather spend $50-$100 for 100 foot python or $15-$20 on a garden hose? ive been using garden hoses for almost 20 years

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
no.. not when i use the hose but i do drip cold water

Landon Werner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2016
Garden hoses all day everyday, such an efficient way, and then just screw it on to the kitchen sink and fill er up!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Garden hoses all day everyday, such an efficient way, and then just screw it on to the kitchen sink and fill er up!
I heard some time ago that certain garden hoses contain nasties that can cause water issues can't remember the exact detail but someone lost fish due to using garden type hose. Personally I always used garden Hose though before I went auto water change

Landon Werner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2016
Yeah I run hot water through them, to heat up the rubber and plastics and flush them out, but I do agree that when hot water is ran through them, the water and hose smell odd so I can see where that may have happened. but I would never run that hot of water into my tanks so I think it's safe at aquarium or room temperature water.

Landon Werner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2016
By the way guys, My female motoro does the same thing with the bubbles! Totally forgot to post it, but I have a 60gph power head with an airline attached to it, and she's sits with her disc just before the start of the power head, and let's all the bubbles and current kind of make her float above it, and she will do it for hours! It must feel good on the underside of the disc or something. And it's the only time she wil then proceed to fly around the tank about 16 inches up and circle the tank and come back to the bubbles. H

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I heard some time ago that certain garden hoses contain nasties that can cause water issues can't remember the exact detail but someone lost fish due to using garden type hose. Personally I always used garden Hose though before I went auto water change
not sure if necessary but I always use hoses labeled drinking water safe.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
not sure if necessary but I always use hoses labeled drinking water safe.
probably is better but i have been using plain old garden hoses with no issues

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store