Mixing Pike Species

What do you think about mixing different pike species in the same tank?

• Yes, I think its alright.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No, your askin for trouble.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • ARE YOU OUTA YOUR FLIPPIN MIND!?!

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

quicklynx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Lets just say that Ive got a good feeling about it. The marm shows no aggro towards the smaller Xingu I and it is 3" smaller and is not nearly as robust as her or the Johanna. She actually hangs out with the Johanna under a some root wads that I have. I am leaning toward a male with the Johanna.
It could definitely go wrong as they get older but I am hoping with the other large cichlids in the community that it will keep aggro dispersed.
I am just not seeing any signs of aggro toward eachother.
It would not be the first time that I am wrong though.
I am currently keeping 2 true strigata and 2 lenticulata in a 300 gallon tank with various other fish in with them as well. You can clearly see the dominent pike of the group. But all seem to coexist fairly well with no extreem aggression towards the other fish as well. They are 9.5" to 10.5" in length. I think with a larger tank you have a much better chance of keeping multiple pikes. I am sure once my group puts on more size they will need alot more than 300 gallons. But as long as you are able to provide the space that they need, i would say try it.
I know I'm pulling this from the graveyard, and I know both of you aren't really active anymore, but I'm curious on any possible updates of the previous experiences if you have any.

Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store