Modifying output on FX6

HaitiCult

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Buffalo NY
Has anyone else done anything Clever in regards to increasing Flow from the standard FX6 dual outputs? I'd love to see any ideas or Vids of cool mods. Thanks- Haiticult

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Unless the nozzle is already restrictive or you add an extra pump you can't really increase the flow.

thacarter546

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
Midwest
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I am running a flexible duckbill on every canister I own. I like the way they look and adjust. They are available from 1/2-1 inch sizes and super easy.

Loc line is good too, but there is no attractive way to plumb it without drilling the tank imo.

Custom spray bars are useful but ugly imo.

My personal needs are something that breaks surface tension, but not enough to release the injected co2. Something that is adjustable. And something without a siphon break so that I can backflush my canister with ease.

Since the fx6 uses 1" tubing those are pretty much the custom options without splitting outputs, which if you split you can use lily pipes, spray bars, flow randomizers, output jets, duckbills, loc lines etc.

HaitiCult

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Buffalo NY
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I am running a flexible duckbill on every canister I own. I like the way they look and adjust. They are available from 1/2-1 inch sizes and super easy.

Loc line is good too, but there is no attractive way to plumb it without drilling the tank imo.

Custom spray bars are useful but ugly imo.

My personal needs are something that breaks surface tension, but not enough to release the injected co2. Something that is adjustable. And something without a siphon break so that I can backflush my canister with ease.

Since the fx6 uses 1" tubing those are pretty much the custom options without splitting outputs, which if you split you can use lily pipes, spray bars, flow randomizers, output jets, duckbills, loc lines etc.

HaitiCult

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Buffalo NY
Those are some great ideas. Yeh I think im with ya on spray bars too. Im always moving my Eheim's around

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store