Monster pond in FL?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Anyone have a monster pond in Florida? Specifically southern Florida. Does anyone keep their fish outdoors year-round here? The average low here is 50 degrees, and record is in the 20s. Do you bother with heating your ponds (outside of winter obviously)?

Looking for tropical monsters, not koi/natives. Thanks

carbene

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2013
SF BA
i keep an outdoor above ground pond inside a greenhouse in bay area, cali and temperature doesnt go below 69F. pacu, red tail catfish and such.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Anyone have a monster pond in Florida? Specifically southern Florida. Does anyone keep their fish outdoors year-round here? The average low here is 50 degrees, and record is in the 20s. Do you bother with heating your ponds (outside of winter obviously)?

Looking for tropical monsters, not koi/natives. Thanks
How's the build going along for the school?

Reactions: celebrist

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
How's the build going along for the school?
Check the thread, basically I came to my senses and realized that one or two tanks is a way better idea. And the headmaster apparently has no money now. He is waiting for a donor that may or may not come along. Which sucks

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Check the thread, basically I came to my senses and realized that one or two tanks is a way better idea. And the headmaster apparently has no money now. He is waiting for a donor that may or may not come along. Which sucks
Setting up a pond?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store