Moving Very Large Aquariums

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
One question, you said you were moving to a basement? Could you take it out the front door and move it downhill or something in your front yard? It would be easier than going down stairs with a 90 degree turn. You may have to walk farther with it, but it would be less problematic if you have a walk out basement. Just a thought. :)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm with some of the others. 4-6 people and just stand it up on end to make the 90* turn.

I have moved multiple tanks down into my basement. I have a 90* turn just to get the tank down the stairs. I use a furniture pad when I set them on end, then you can just drag it where you need it. Then, tip it backward and guide the tank back down the stairs. It's a pain, but it can be done.

valderi123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2009
Golden, CO
^^^^ agreed thats exactly how I got my 240 in the basement. But not knowing the particulares the frame building idea is genius.

rookiee

Feeder Fish
Sep 24, 2013
Canada
how did you make out with the move, i am also in kingston , looking to move a 200 gal tank from garage to basement.

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
No company will move a fish tank 98 percent of the time as it's just too risky I. E the persons tank starts to leak, would he blame the company since it didn't leak prior? Also on the get a piano company or pool table mover, they're not going to have suction cups. In my opinion 4 or so strong people and one spotter is good enough. What I like to do is build the tank with cardboard and try to get it to fit when it weighs 1 pound then do it with the tank later after you've figured how you need to turn it etc

Sent from mobile app.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store