my 180 set up

Dustonthecabnit

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Texas
www.myspace.com
Ok so this is my stab at building a w/d sump for my 'new' (craigslist find) 180 gallon 6'X2'x2' . Its my first monster. I thought my 55 g african tank was monster.......First we have the 55 gallon

Then we have the 180g

thats my g/f shes been a big help through all this , including giving me money for my birthday so i could build the filter.

so i cleaned it out about 3 times during a week. leaving it partially filled each time for a certain amount of time to ensure no leaks.
remember the 55 african tank? I cleaned it out

i put the fish , driftwood , rocks and these rocks

into this rubbermaid container

Well i had done alot of researched on building a wet dry and came up with a plan. I bought all the stuff i needed and pumped it out in a couple days.
acrylic

silicone

bulk heads tubes fittings

a couple sheets of eggcrate light diffuser stuff

^^^I used a some of that to lay down under the gravel so the rocks would hurt the glass when the bigger fish knock them around.
so this is what i came up with . Honestly i know it looks sloppy but now that its been running about two and half months its working great.

this is the HOB overflow

The sump in place with a whole bucket of coralife bioballs and quiet one 4000 in place.

simple return

cheap substrate

most of the rocks were out of a local river
vanessa aquacaped it!!

i held my finger out cause i was drunk . not because you couldnt see the water.

the first night

The Oscars

the lil female convict

the albino sailfin pleco's

temporary inhabitant (he was to big of a bully)
his name is Ole Mushmouth

temporary inhabitant #2
Female Jag awesome just two crazy for the O's

Thats all the pics i have right this second. I will get some up to date pics of the tank tonight . We had five Tinfoil barbs , one golden died of shock i guess, three were killed by the jag and O combined we guess , not sure. Other than that we took out the Jag and that Ole Mushmouth guy (13incher easy) now its a calm happy family. feel free to comment.

Reel Addiction

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2009
Maryland
Looks great man congrats to you and the girl on the 180!!

Dustonthecabnit

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Texas
www.myspace.com
thanks she appreciates the recognition! Ya it is but there's still tweaking to do . As i said its my first big tank, and first w/d , and first diy!! its working great now, the two filters you see on the rubbermaid are also on the tank.

Err

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2009
Austin Texas
gratz guys! you both did an awsome job!:headbang2

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Bichirs :) Tinfoil barbs are also really cool with 3 or more of them.

Dustonthecabnit

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Texas
www.myspace.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store