My 300g CustomAquariums.com tank

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I kind of like the look of dark spots towards both ends of the tank. I took the 4ft off the 150 and am using a 2ft. Much smaller tank than yours though
Ive never had a tank with lights that were short. Ive always got them the full length of the tank. I guess I will see what its like and decide from there. I could just replace one of the 36" with a 48" and still get a little dark around the edges. That would give me 7' of lighting on the 8' tank.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Ive never had a tank with lights that were short. Ive always got them the full length of the tank. I guess I will see what its like and decide from there. I could just replace one of the 36" with a 48" and still get a little dark around the edges. That would give me 7' of lighting on the 8' tank.
If you raise them off the glass the range spreads a lot, which causes a lot of the light to end up spilling over the side of my tank so take that into consideration for my review. My suggestion would be to play around with them a bit and find what you like, you may also consider adding more light towards the center than to the sides.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Love it, cant wait to see it full

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Been down with a cold and have not done much well except fill the tank up

Side view. Very clear! Happy I went with the low iron glass!

Heaters are calibrating at 75 deg. will need to adjust them up a bit. Will put some sand in tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store