My 300g CustomAquariums.com tank

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I just noticed the wc pic with the buckets would be easier to just use are garden hose right into the toilet. Your gonna have to make things easier on yourself for when you get the pbb lol

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I was working with what I had. My buckets and a python. I have larger diameter hoses I use but they are over at the in-laws still. I still need to drain out the 210g and get it cleaned up to sell so I left stuff over there to finish.

No plan for a pbb! I think it would just be too big for a 24" wide tank. But then its not like they are not flexible enough. I also would just consider a Koloton or Koliba added to the 300.

I miss my old Koliba

I feel like I might be rethinking the bottom feeders in the tank. My rhino pleco is a huge poop machine, the hoplo cat is super active but possible food for a larger bichir. The gold dust and palmas palmas are hiders and I have a rule that if you cant see them its a waste of tank space. I will give a bit of time to let these guys get used to the big tank but if they continue to hide....

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah im just breakin chops with the pbb but seriously you should get the koloton or koliba. Give it some time but im in totally agree about hiders

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ah, the joys of a new toy! And that's a sweet toy! Looks good!

Say, did you lose one of your Pearsei's? I thought you had two....
Thanks!

Its been just porkchop for quite a while. I used to have a pretty nice male and porkchop beat on him. While in the hospital tank it broke a glass thermometer and cut itself up really bad and then passed away.
This was kermit my male

porkchop is a very happy girl being single

Reactions: Sanman

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Yeah im just breakin chops with the pbb but seriously you should get the koloton or koliba. Give it some time but im in totally agree about hiders
Yeah the 300 has some hide spots that you cant even spot a 13"+ weeksii in. I love the serpentine look and pattern on the palmas palmas but I barely see it. I just about never see the gold dust. This weekend I am "thinking" the pleco may go.... But its so cool looking

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
So keep the pleco since there are no issues with him and the polys. Remove the two polys/hoplo then get the koloton/koliba. Dont rush rehoming the pleco. Thats the only fish you mentioned rehoming with a tinge of regret. Swapping the two polys and hoplo for a koloton/koliba lightens your bioload plus its just a cooler fish.

Let the pleco stay for a while you can always rehome him later on vs rehoming now and regretting it

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
He just poops soooooooo much! Yeah, having a pleco that gets along with bichir is an achievement in itself! Ive raised the rhino since it was less than 2" and it is an outgoing fish that is very active. Thanks for the suggestion will think about it a bit more.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Then if it were me i definitly wouldnt make a rash decision. Now go get that koliba !

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
So here is the culprit in question... Mr. poops a lot (not real name)

Koliba will have to wait on funds. I have to sell off my 210g first.

Reactions: DAM
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store