Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
iheartfishies said:
His color=hawt sex.

kudos to you.

You may have just inspired me to actually get one.
My b/f and I got one a couple days ago.

and I thank you.:)

Now I just need to pump him up, he's only like 1 inch. :)

Kutty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Somewhere in S'pore
Don't you know you are actually overfeeding that poor guy? Large predatory fish need to be fed only a few times a week. In the wild, datnoids usually eat one large meal then starve for a few days before coming across another prey and eating it. That fish may get constipation; that was what happened to my old tiger who died from constipation. He got constipation from overfeeding.

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
Kutty said:
Don't you know you are actually overfeeding that poor guy? Large predatory fish need to be fed only a few times a week. In the wild, datnoids usually eat one large meal then starve for a few days before coming across another prey and eating it. That fish may get constipation; that was what happened to my old tiger who died from constipation. He got constipation from overfeeding.
thanxs for e comments..... as wat you have stated above, i guess most ppl who are into fish keeping already know. thanxs anyway. btw, how do you know that your ST died from constipation? in what way can you determine that its becos of constipation? can it be something to do with your water management? or perhaps you failed to quarantine your feeders as a result in food contamination. as for wat happened to your old tiger, my condolence..

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Kutty said:
I think most of us here overfeed our fishes for various reasons. But I have not heard about fish constipation. How does it happen?

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
I dun think it's constipation. it's more like the food can;'t be digested and thus rot in the body and causes death. I lost one of my golden aro due to this reason.:(

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
Koji said:
I dun think it's constipation. it's more like the food can;'t be digested and thus rot in the body and causes death. I lost one of my golden aro due to this reason.:(
brudder.....i kind of agree to wat you say....more logical... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store