My Aqua Hobby Journey

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
XAVIER01;1107209; said:
TRULY A "MONSTER FISH KEEPER" GALING MO DUDE!
I'LL PROBABLY DO THAT ON MY NEXT HOUSE. IF I CAN AFFORD IT :)
salamat kabayan (thanks my felow Filipino in our language)

and thanks also to the other guys for the nice comments

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
Update

The setup has stabilized now. All fish are very healthy and eating very well. I do a 20% waterchange every other week, which generally takes about one hour to do. I am still trying to figure out how to vacuum the gravel. I still test water before w/c - and ammonia is kept at zero, nitrate is relatively low and ph is around 7. Water is treated with Seachem Prime, MicrobeLift Concentrated Barley Extract, MicrobeLift for Ponds and a little bit of salt.

I removed some strainers in the main filter box to allow for higher flowrate, which is estimated at 3600 gph. The Kaldness filter media seems to be working well.

The water has cleared considerably as well. I feed beefheart, pellets, chopped melt - on rotation.

I also finished most of the work, the only thing I have to do is install the curtain to cover the junk underneath the tank.

entrance of the back room

the electrical outlets. each 2500 watts heaters are controlled by Process Technology controllers, set at 29 deg celsius, with 3 degrees variance. The tank seems to be holding the temperature well, even with the colder temperature now, the drop seems to be quite slow.

a section of the plumbing between the tank and the filter box

back right hand side showing the Sequence pump

the tank is fully insulated with 1.5" thick foam insulation, the filter box is insulated with .5" thick foam

water leakage detector/alarm

the shelves in the backroom are covered with shower curtains the also serve as aquarium background

now that the house heater is running occasionally, the dehumidifier is almost not required, but I still keep it on just in case. Room humidity is staying at 45%

the door on the left is the access door to the backroom (aquarium room). It is relatively quiet. One of my daughter's room is just across the hallway, she sleeps with the door open, no complaint about motor noise

view of the rest of the room

La Crosse Technology temperature and humidity monitor. The humidity in the house (outside the aquarium room) is normally below 50%

a digital thermometer (on the wall, by the light fixture) displays the tank temp

photo taken at night, with room lights off

The occupants

the Chilli red that got really sick is very healthy again

the rest of them

thanks for viewing :headbang2

fISHyPriorities

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Los Angeles CA
nice!

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
Bogwoodbruce;1164203; said:
Thats a great stroy bro! I enjoyed reading it. Now you just need some Datnoids.

thanks. I do, on a 30 gal in my office. They'll be moved to this tank when they grow big enough.

Oxyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Philippines
WOW!!!! Super set-up you've got there my friend...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store