my cockatiels have started having eggs

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
All i know is if you lived closer to me that baby would be mine.. i would definitly buy it and give it a good home.. sooooo adorable..glad it is doing well.. can you sex them at this age.. or near impossible .. i know my chickens are growing fast and all i can do is suspect a rooster because of his attitude.. he braves the unknown and protects the flock.. he comes at you will his little baby chest stuck out.. bad assss... lol.. hes no chicken..

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
where are you at? The baby is adorable. so far its feathers are mostly white and yellow. I think it's a girl, because the orange cheeks are the same color as it's mom and not as bright as its dad.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
where are you at? The baby is adorable. so far its feathers are mostly white and yellow. I think it's a girl, because the orange cheeks are the same color as it's mom and not as bright as its dad.
i am in new york.. too far... keep those pics coming

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
The baby bird is as cute as ever. She is almost fully feathered now, and starting to get her crest. She lives in her own cage now, because her dad was picking on her. Her mom still visits her though, and oddly enough still feeds the little one. The baby bird does eat on her own, but prefers mom to feed her. She is extremely friendly, loves to be pet, and is very curious about things. One of her biggest curiosities is houdini, my blue and gold macaw. While he is locked up in his cage, she will sit on a perch outside his cage, and "talk" to him. Oh, her noises are very squeeky too. She is extremely good at flying; much better than her parents are. I need to clip her wings but holding off for now. I discovered today that she likes playing games on my android phone. she plays this ant smasher game. her high score is only 6 though. I think I'm gonna keep her.

2012-06-10_12-28-03_652.jpg

2012-06-10_12-28-03_652.jpg

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
The baby bird is as cute as ever. She is almost fully feathered now, and starting to get her crest. She lives in her own cage now, because her dad was picking on her. Her mom still visits her though, and oddly enough still feeds the little one. The baby bird does eat on her own, but prefers mom to feed her. She is extremely friendly, loves to be pet, and is very curious about things. One of her biggest curiosities is houdini, my blue and gold macaw. While he is locked up in his cage, she will sit on a perch outside his cage, and "talk" to him. Oh, her noises are very squeeky too. She is extremely good at flying; much better than her parents are. I need to clip her wings but holding off for now. I discovered today that she likes playing games on my android phone. she plays this ant smasher game. her high score is only 6 though. I think I'm gonna keep her.

View attachment 791700
oh thats good news.. she is such a sweetie.... just in awe of the baby....

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
The baby is growing really colorful, and starting to grow her crest. She is extremely friendly and curious. She also likes to poke around at the touch screen on my phone!

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
you know you gotta keep them when they start playing with your toys :p
beautiful bird, I need money one day so that I can get into birds properly
I have 2 parakeets but they are bird only birds, so I can't handle them
I have also learned, somehow, that I feel much more comfortable with a larger bird than I do with smaller birds, like, I feel comfortable handling macaws more-so than I do quakers
I don't understand me sometimes XD

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
The baby is growing really colorful, and starting to grow her crest. She is extremely friendly and curious. She also likes to poke around at the touch screen on my phone!
more pics soon... what did you name the baby..

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been in the process of moving to portland. Im in portland now, waiting till friday for my apartment. I do have a pic though, just gotta figure out how to post it. As for name... im terrible with names and haven't named her yet. For now I just call her babybird.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store