My datnoids fins deteriorating?!?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hello, I have a 4 inch 3 bar datnoid in my 90 gallon tank the last month and he seems to be doing good , lives with a Pakistani loach, a small blood parrot and a medium sized angel fish, anyways I notcied his fins over the last 2 weeks starting to deteriorate abit ( other fish’s fins were fine), at first I thought maybe someone in the tank was nipping at the fins but now that I have a closer look it seems to be more of a deterioration at a very slow process even though the fish seems healthy and is active as usual, I did a large water change this week and I’m looking to but some medication to treat the tank but I’m wondering what to treat with? Is it fin rot or something else?

IMG_1888.jpeg

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Apart from his fins, he looks good. And it seems that there are plenty of hiding places.

Maybe feed him some live ghost shrimp. Generally make all small dats perk up.

BTW, it is an NTT, not a three bar.

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Apart from his fins, he looks good. And it seems that there are plenty of hiding places.

Maybe feed him some live ghost shrimp. Generally make all small dats perk up.

BTW, it is an NTT, not a three bar.
Thanks for the response, yeah there’s plenty of hiding spots in the tank and the water is clean, do you think the fins will grow back eventually?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Probably, if all else is well. But it may take a long time.

Importantly, his pectoral fins (at least the one that is visible) looks good.
Yeah his pectoral fins are not effected thankfully

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store