My Florida Gar 11+ years.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
well done mate, you deserve a medal... that's real dedication to 1 fish, how long do they live?

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
well done mate, you deserve a medal... that's real dedication to 1 fish, how long do they live?

Thanks, i really appreciate it. Hard to think i bought him when i was 16 (im 34 now)!

There are a lot of things i should have done differently that's for so.

I've heard they can live up to 25 yrs, but i don't know. I'll do my best to get there. Just did a 30gal water change today and cleaned the filter pads.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
It doesn't really work like that. I'm sure they hit 15" very quickly.

Anyways, 16 years? That's awesome.
What size tank is he in?
the key point to what he said though is average .8" a year which mathematicaly makes sense. if you were to graph the age growth rate relationship of this fish he took the secant line between the point he got it and the current day. this slope would in fact give you the average growth rate of this fish. However, if he took the tangent line at each year the slope of the line near the beginning would be much steeper then the line now as the fish would have grown much faster the first year as you stated. So technically you are both correct just making a different argument

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store