Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

My Flowerhorn Laid Eggs...

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn, Blood Parrots and Other Cichlid Crosse' started by Merlin Aldous Espinoza, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Jan 14, 2008
      My FlowerFishy Laid a Thousand Golden Eggs.. What should I do. I wonder how could a fish get preggy when there's a divider between them.:headbang2

2. YOOPER

YOOPER MFK Members

May 25, 2011
      Divider breeding is very common. Male releases sperm on one side of the divider, sperm swim thru divider to fertilize eggs on the other side. A good way to prevent losing a fish (or both) to aggression. I put a flat rock or the like next to the divider so the female can lay her eggs close. I used to breed a pair of midas I had this way. Come to think of it I also did a red tiger this way. Post pics!

3. DeLgAdO

DeLgAdO MFK Members

Nov 4, 2011
      where are these eggs exactly

by the divider by chance?

4. DeLgAdO

DeLgAdO MFK Members

Nov 4, 2011
      lol same time

5. Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Jan 14, 2008
      Ok I have corals near the glass divider. My Female FH moved it there (amazed at what she can do). I didnt know that she was about to lay eggs... Will these eggs hatch? My male is in the other side but now stays in the spot where the coral and eggs is located. So is my female. Very protective of her eggs. Almost killed the pleco tankmate.
      :headbang2

6. Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Jan 14, 2008
      Thanks Yooper... I will post pics soon. How come my female changed color abit after laying eggs? is it normal?

7. Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Jan 14, 2008
      Should have known when they started building pyramids on both sides and moving large aquarium rocks and objects. That shouldve given me a clue that they were preparing nests.... Man I'm quite amazed at what my fishes can do... :headbang2

8. YOOPER

YOOPER MFK Members

May 25, 2011
      Yes the color change is normal. Look at the eggs, if they are white and/or fungused then no, they will not hatch. My Fh eggs are a honey color when fertilized. If you look close you may see smallish black dots in the eggs (eyes). When did she drop the eggs?

9. ronnie

ronnie MFK Members

May 31, 2010
      tshong talagang nangingitlog ang FH magisa. kahit may divider.

sana kung lalake ung katabi nya e napag palit mo kagad. malay mo makabuo ka