My motoros

Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Wpg, MB
Had to move the male because the females need to catch up in size

I believe these are all Peruvian motoros. I got my male last Feb (the largest), the large female 6 months ago, and the smaller one 3 months ago. I got them all at about 4".

The male has small spots which are slightly irregularily shaped. He is currently 11" across and his claspers are starting to develope. He is incredibly dark brown which is nice considering most motoros I see are tan colored.

This is my largest female who is about 8" right now.

Recently her color and pattern has seemed to change a bit. The very center of her spots are becoming alot brighter and the disc color around the black rings is starting to lighten up. Like a ring around the black ring. (hard to notice in the pictures, but they are there)

And my last female, the smallest of the group at about 6". Beautiful color, very bright spots and lots of them.

I'm debating picking up another male that looks very similar to the smallest female and another nice female if I can find one that is alot different than the others.

Tim :)

Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Wpg, MB
Thanks guys :)

Miles, if that was the case, maybe people would hop in this thread and comment. Guess motoros just don't cut it anymore these days. Oh well, I still like them :)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nice rays!

Teal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2007
USA
The last picture has nice spots. Will be one cool looking ray if the spots get biger as she grow. Will they?
Teal

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
spots can change as they grow...... those are some very nice peruvian motoros....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store