My planta dried up

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I kept them out while cleaning my aquarium and next thing I saw was leaved hanging down and soft dried
1 day after putting then back still k see curled end of leaves
How or will they recover?
Here is pic I don't think problem is clearly visible
It was a healthy and fast growing Amazon sword

IMG_20240313_122053.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I agree with Fallen_Leaves16 Fallen_Leaves16 The sword plants will recover with time. I suggest snipping off damage leaves the plant will produce new leaves.
All the leaves and soft and curled
Should I trim em all?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I think I would leave it alone and keep my fingers crossed. It’s too hard to try to guess what state it is/was in so anything you do may just be making the situation worse.
Just try not to do it again!
Hopefully the roots weren't affected tbh I didn't think Amazon Swords were tough but they are from my experience with them.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Sorry Thomas, just reread that and my comments seem like they were aimed at you and they weren’t.
What I was trying to say was something you already know……….. there is no right answer!
Whatever is done is just one outcome and we won’t ever know what an alternative solution would bring.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sorry Thomas, just reread that and my comments seem like they were aimed at you and they weren’t.
What I was trying to say was something you already know……….. there is no right answer!
Whatever is done is just one outcome and we won’t ever know what an alternative solution would bring.
No need to apologize Dave and you gave good advice. Like you stated there's no right answer. Tbh forgot the entire plant was dry including the roots.

Reactions: Punjabiking1500

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
No need to apologize Dave and you gave good advice. Like you stated there's no right answer. Tbh forgot the entire plant was dry including the roots.
All the leaves are dying and white on corners gonna
trim em all then

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store