My polys

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I hope you get lots of perching action I love watching them do that. and watching them weave though things as they swim.

Personaly I love drift wood in a tank regardless of how much space it takes the fish will utilize ever crevice in it depending on species.

For example I have a piece in my 75 gallon community tank that is longer than the aquarium and sits at an angle it is 10 inches high and about 5 inches at its thickest point (basicly a big branch that was split down the middle) I have a big albino BN pleco that has cleared the sand makeing a new cave under it. a clown pleco that has somewhat tunnled into it. A kribensis that has claimed a knot as a cave. 8 cory cats that sleep in an overhang on one end. The gold dust in that tank hides in creases in the wood. and my bolivian rams also make use of an overhang to sleep.

That piece of wood has become like a reef in that tank. I have a good piece in my 125g with my Bichirs as well they use it to perch on hide under ect.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I would give em like 8 more of those :D. Then attach java fern to the higher up nooks in the drift wood to tempt them to hide in the plants. Mine stalk by hideing in the roots of my java fern.

As I have said before though to each thier own tastes I also dont have polys that will get as big as yours and break stuff.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I would give em like 8 more of those :D. Then attach java fern to the higher up nooks in the drift wood to tempt them to hide in the plants. Mine stalk by hideing in the roots of my java fern.

As I have said before though to each thier own tastes I also dont have polys that will get as big as yours and break stuff.
I was thinking of something like small grass the get attached to the DW, something similar to this.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
I just dont know what kind of plant are those and if they are good with polys.

Reactions: moe214

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Poly and rooted plants is not a good idea. They will excavate your plants In the gravel for you. LoL you can tie some Anubis to the wood and it should be ok.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , where are the poly updates?

This thread is called "My Polys" not 'My driftwood pics'! lol :p

I really want to see updates on your ansorgii... and the black Volta, oh and the Tinkisso... might as well just update them all. ;)

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Never had issues with my polys uprooting my plants personaly. I am not sure what the short grass on the drift wood is the taller stuff is some type of Valisnaria (sp?) I have 6 or so giant jungle val in my 125g if I hold up the blades they are around 4 ft tall i just let them stretch across the surface of my tank ( prevents it getting to bright) it also makes the blades spread apart a bit at the base so the fish can swim between them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store