My polys

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
As promise to DMD123 DMD123 here is the video for the update. Every one getting bigger and thicker except one of my congi who decided to go on fasting, been a week since ive seen it eat.
One of my nigerian lap it changing color from brown to a dark grey.
Both faranah are getting thicker and its pretty mellow not like the dabola endli who is the boss of the whole tank.
Sorry for the cloudy water, i just did a 75% WC, and i will take photos when i get a chance.

Reactions: moe214

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , they are looking good! The ornate doing the tail stand at the 1:20 mark was funny! Seeing how your ansorgii look makes it really tempting to switch over to a red substrate...

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , they are looking good! The ornate doing the tail stand at the 1:20 mark was funny! Seeing how your ansorgii look makes it really tempting to switch over to a red substrate...
Im planning to add something like river peace on my red gravel, cause sometimes its to bright.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , very cool pics! I have to say that out of all the endli I really do like the Dabola the best with the Faranah a close second. There is just that bulldog look about the Dabola that the others just dont quite have. Its something about the lower jaw structure that makes it more appealing to me.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Excellent group of polys! Question: why have I seen most of the serious poly keepers use a very colorful substrate? You have bright red, all the pbb I've seen are on a purple sand. Is it to make their patterns show better, brighter, darker???

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
knobhill knobhill , well not all the serious poly keepers use the red substrate.... I like a more natural look myself. The red tends to bring out patterns and colors more in a lot of the lower jaw polys.

Reactions: knobhill

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Excellent group of polys! Question: why have I seen most of the serious poly keepers use a very colorful substrate? You have bright red, all the pbb I've seen are on a purple sand. Is it to make their patterns show better, brighter, darker???
Most polys will try to blend in and make them self camoflage on the color of the substrate. If have tried white sand and black sand before, white sand made them look to pale with faded patterns and black sand made them to dark that you cant see a pattern no more. Some substrate like DMD123 DMD123 that have a river peace substrate have multiple colors and make the polys look great cause polys cant blend in multiple color so they just show their natural color. For the bright color substrate like red or purple polys shows more contrast on thier pattern trying to blend with the contrast of the bright substrate.You can always mix a red gravel and a river peace gravel together to have the natural base color of the polys but at the same time will have a good contrast in thier pattern,good example of mix gravel like what Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 have,But there are some substrate that still red but not to bright like a red garnet sand.

Reactions: knobhill

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
A good red garnet is like the holy grail of substrate. I had ordered a small batch of garnet to test and as soon as water hit it, the color was purple. While this is a completely natural item and color, the purple looked so fake you expected some Sponge Bob decor to be in there. Even the peace river was not perfect, I had to mix in a little black to get the colors and patterns to pop more. So far the only one that really does not show the way I would like is my ansorgii. While it looks good, it does not pop like the ones Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 has on the red.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
DMD123 DMD123 if you happen to do sponge bob square pants theme then the massivores would be krabby patty to the bichirs. LoL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store