My Scleropages leichardti

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
A couple of weeks ago I was able to get myself a Scleropages leichardti. So here it is with it's own thread. Critiques are welcome. He is about 7" TL right now, feeding market shrimp and gut loaded mealworms.

001.JPG 012.JPG 016.JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looking good Tom :cool::) any plans to pellet train in near future ?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I would love to get it on pellets. I've been crushing them and rolling the shrimp in them before feeding to get it used to the taste and texture. I tried a couple of pellets stright be it just hits and spits. I'll keep at it, maybe when it's a little older I can stuff some whole pellets into bigger pieces of shrimp. I have the mealworms eating Omega One color flakes and spirulina.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
It'll give in eventually Tom just stick at it ;) you could try the starve method if you really wanted it on pellets that usually works but you can't give in before the fish instinct kicks in eventually and it eats well before starves to death

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
before my Lei recently died at around 10" head to tail, he was taking a liking to Hikari food sticks. Keep at it he'll come around and stop spitting out.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Hikari carni sticks are pretty much the only pellet any of my jardini have taken consistently , the occasional hikari gold but the carni sticks seem to be like aro crack for the majority

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Can I ask where you got him from? What size tank is he in?
I got him at Shark Aquarium in Hillside, NJ. he is in a 225 gallon tank with a 12" BGK and a 7" Senegal Bichir .

I'll get him pellet trained, I'm not that worried about it at the moment. I'll give him time to chill and put some size on him before I starve him into submission. UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD the aro game has been cranked up a notch. This guy has some nice color to him for a leichardti I think.

Reactions: UnstoppableJayD
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store