Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You snagged a great fish. Enjoy!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
He does have some bumps in his mouth....any of you know what this may be? wednesday13 wednesday13 rodger rodger thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter 1468773037258166339158.jpg

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Need a much better photo to see the bumps.

He'll take the silversides too. Fast him 1-2 days. That's all it took with mine.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
So jealous! for now my TSN and RTCxTSN are all the monster I can handle, and unfortunately by the time I'm able to house a wels they'll probably be banned, so I'm not sure it's in the stars.

I'm sure I don't have to say this, but keep us updated! wednesday's thread on his is probably my favorite thread on here

Reactions: wednesday13

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Need a much better photo to see the bumps.
Will do my best...he is so darn active lol he won't sit still...if I get the opportunity I will snap a pic....I don't think it is too serious because he is eating just fine but you never know.....anyways the tank 0ppm ammonia and just barely a reading of nitrate, so Im not too concerned... Im also keeping him in 76-78 degree water

I'm sure I don't have to say this, but keep us updated! wednesday's thread on his is probably my favorite thread on here
Deffinately will keep this updated....will be fun to look back on this when he is massive. I was contemplating starting a different thread for his progression (growth etc) but I think I'm just gonna keep it to this thread and build off of it. I will definitely post my findings/what he likes&dislikes etc on because I know not much info/first hand experiences have been said about keeping them in the hobby besides Wednesday's thread of course. So stay tuned. I will be testing water daily just in case (I view him as so delicate) this is my new baby lol....I want to ensure he has the best chance at growing to his full potential etc. He is already so crazy he will swim up to me already and he gets out of his hiding tube as soon as food hits the water...he is just so different from anything I have kept in the past.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter I'm assuming it's normal as there is not really any discoloration (like that of a pimple on an Oscars lip?) not too sure....rather be safe than sorry ....he had this since I got him.
20160717_163240.jpg
20160717_163243.jpg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
may be a parasite/anchor worm in his mouth there... Just dealt with a similiar looking worm in the mouth of one of my RTGG... Its pretty common in ponds and or when keeping groups of larger fish and can come and go. I used Dimilin to treat my RTGG and also tried to physically remove it as best i could with tweezers then a few drops of iodine to heal the wound. They can be tough to get rid of and im no expert on the subject but i was persistent with weekly treatments of the Dimilin per the directions and it eventually cured 2 fish in the system after 1-2 months. They still have some scarring but healed. Dimilin is very safe even at 30 times the recommended dosage, I doubled then tripled the dosage over the 1-2 month period in a ray system and no ill effects. They ate and acted normal during the treatment. Its hard to find these days, i signed up for ebay just to get it but it was affordable at $18 to treat 20kgal. I was in disbelief at first about Dimilin...it just took a while at 2 months 2 see the area fully healed and bump/worm free...May be worth a few treatments just to be safe as imo it can do no harm.

It may also just be a bit of odd growth in his mouth there. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
This stuff dimilin? If it's a worm would Prazi pro work the same? I can order some and I will order some tonight. I'm guessing it can't be too bad as he is still eating. Must have got it from whatever place Wes imports from. Totally understandable with what you are saying "lots of fish being kept together" hope I can get this under control...if dimilin has no ill effects I would rather be safe than sorry wednesday13 wednesday13 dont think I would ever be able to get another Wels gotta make this one come through it.

Screenshot_2016-07-17-21-51-10.png

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store