Need a little advice.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I have been treating my new baby flowerhorn for ich with kordon rid ich plus for a total of 13 days now. The ich was gone in 3-5 days except for one spot on his tail that I've been waiting for it to disappear... I like to treat at least a week after all signs of ich are gone. He has been doing beautifully and no new spots have appeared since the last "real" spot of ich fell off. Yet that one spot won't go away? I'm beginning to think it isn't ich? It is very small and I can't get a good picture of it... I'm thinking that it may just be non pathogenic and will clear in time. Is it possible for a single spot of ich to last more than 10 days without maturing? I believe that spot was there between the second or third day. Especially since the other spots of ich fell off relatively quickly? Should I continue treatment? Thanks for any advice.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
What are your water change schedule during treatments? Did you do after change as it recommended? how much or how many treatment did you do? Does the spot look like little tiny pimple? if the ick is gone, most likely the fish is still in the stress mode, does it eat find and active?

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
What are your water change schedule during treatments? Did you do after change as it recommended? how much or how many treatment did you do? Does the spot look like little tiny pimple? if the ick is gone, most likely the fish is still in the stress mode, does it eat find and active?
The recommended was 25% or more. I did 50% water changes before every treatment at full dose every 24 hours. Because, even though it said it wouldn't affect bio bacteria it did and I had a bit of cloudy water. Just as I expected with a formalin/m. green combo. I have gone through 13 treatments total. The spot looks like a tiny ich spot... That isn't maturing... He is definitely not in stress mode. He is very active and eats like a bottomless pit.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Not like a pimple but a speck of white in the middle of his tail right on a fin ray. It is VERY hard to see... Almost seems as if it is shrinking or disappearing. Albeit very slowly.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I caught it very early (just a few spots). He hasn't gone in stress mode at all from the treatment or parasite, just his acclimation. He is even more active than ever. Eats like a pig. Always out and about begging for food. Follows my finger... Very active.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Pic of him today. I went light on the feelings because of the degradation of the bio filtration. I want to pump him soon. But will hold off if the majority opinion says that I should continue treatment.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Frank Castle

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
The recommended was 25% or more. I did 50% water changes before every treatment at full dose every 24 hours. Because, even though it said it wouldn't affect bio bacteria it did and I had a bit of cloudy water. Just as I expected with a formalin/m. green combo. I have gone through 13 treatments total. The spot looks like a tiny ich spot... That isn't maturing... He is definitely not in stress mode. He is very active and eats like a bottomless pit.
IF you have done all these and after 13 treatment i wouldnt continue IMO. He look really nice and healthy, dont even notice he is sick. I would continue increase your water change for the next couple of week and add salt. If the spot doesnt go away I would take him out and try to wipe the spot out with wet towel see if that will come off smoothly. Maybe its just hard to come off from him just need to wipe it out, I used to do that with my fish before. I wouldnt be to worry about him after with that those treament. But its only my 2cent, other may disagreed with me.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
IF you have done all these and after 13 treatment i wouldnt continue IMO. He look really nice and healthy, dont even notice he is sick. I would continue increase your water change for the next couple of week and add salt. If the spot doesnt go away I would take him out and try to wipe the spot out with wet towel see if that will come off smoothly. Maybe its just hard to come off from him just need to wipe it out, I used to do that with my fish before. I wouldnt be to worry about him after with that those treament. But its only my 2cent, other may disagreed with me.
I appreciate your opinion. That's what I was thinking minus wiping the spot away. Thanks bro!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store