Need Advice On Stocking 220g Arowana Amazon Biotope

Clever Bs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2015
I am doing a 220g Amazon Biotope with a silver arowana. I need some help with the rest of the stocking list.

Here is what I am thinking so far but would love to add more or hear what people think of other fish I could stock it with as well. The Arowana is a must so they have to be compatible with them.

1x Silver Arowana
6x Geophagus Altifrons
4-5x Electric Blue Acaras
1x Royal Pleco

I want to have a catfish but I dont know of any amazon ones that are avalible that are a decent size but not a red tail cat.

I would also like to figure out some mid water swimmers that would look good in the tank beings the aro is more of a top of the tank dweller and the other fish will be more on the bottom. What are some ideas?

Please give me any other ideas for fish I could put in the tank that would make this a nice Biotope.

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
If your 220 is the normal 72"x24"x30" I would say don't get the arowana. It will get too big. Everything else on your list looks good. As far as the catfish goes, I would pick a Lima shovel nose as they won't get much over 17-18".

Reactions: TripleW

Abby Ru

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2013
Minnesota
I agree with needing a different foot print of a tank to have an Arowana. They just get so long! Did you buy the tank just to keep an Arowana? A longer foot print will be better

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
It's not really the length that's the problem. 6' should be enough. It's the width that's the issue. Imagine a 36" fish trying to turn around in a tank that's only 24" wide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store