Need Help! Fire eel not eating.

metalhed3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Minot ND
i had that problem with my tt eel. i bought him about 2 months ago and he was about 6-7 inches. after chasing my tiger oscar around out of interest for about an hour he went into hiding. i didnt see him for about a week or so. when i cleaned the tank i found him under a pile of driftwood. i was also assuming he wasnt eating, but under the impression that he was roaming at night while i was asleep picking food out of the gravel my gouarmis didnt find. the solution i found to me not seeing him eat was this.. i bought cheap plastic shot glasses and filled them up abt 3/4 of the way with gravel from the tank. i added bloodworms, brine shrimp, broke up peices of my oscar pellets and such and shook it up in the gravel i put in the shot glass. added water and froze it. (i figured out i didnt have to smash the plastic cup apart, just squeeze it) when i dropped it in tht night i not only saw him come out to eat it as it melted on the bottom of the tank, but i didnt even need to shut the lights off! i also didnt have to feed tony (my oscar) or my gouarmis because the excess food floated to the top. george (tt eel) spent the next 20-30 minutes shoveling his face through the pile of gravel looking for food. ive slowly adapted this to him eating the cube out of my hand, which i'll gradually switch to hand feeding live food. (hopefully) hope this helps. this is my first post here. im new

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
You have to stay on this...but give them the meaty foods they like while weaning onto a quality pellet.If you've ever weaned a picky WC fish, then you'll know what to do, if not, research that.
Once completed it is a treat to see a larger eel eat 15-20 pellets.

EDIT: Didn't see how old this thread was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store