Need help stocking please!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So I take that it's better to keep the bichir with less aggressive tank mate yes? As long as they're being enough to avoid getting eaten? And one more thing, how are angel fish with bichirs?
The only real way to know would be to try it. All fish have different personalities but like the other member stated it worked for him but he has a much bigger tank. Do any other cichlids interest you besides gt ?

Polys are addicting man. Gonna be tough to keep just one lol. I dont think the polys would bother the angels at all that would look like a cool tank i never though about keeping angels with polys

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Oh yeah for sure I just want anything that grows around 8-10 inches. Doesn't have to be a gt :)
Yeah they look super cool that's true I might think about getting two.
So now I'm thinking
1x Green Severum
2x del
3x angelfish

I'll need to up my filtration for sure with this stock, won't I?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Cant comment if the sev and angels will work out in a 75 never tried it might be better posted in the sc/ca area. Sevs get deep bodied. Not on the monster side of cichlids. I think you gotta figure out the them of this tank. Electic blue acara stay small would be good tankmates for a poly

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Alright thanks a lot

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
Be careful with angels a bichir will have no problem grabbing one by the face and eating him in pieces I've seen it

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
Be careful with angels a bichir will have no problem grabbing one by the face and eating him in pieces I've seen it
I actually got a good deal on two ornates i found on craigslist because the owner said the ornates were eating his angels and he didnt have room to separate them. I'm not sure how big the angles were but the ornates were around 8 inches at purchase

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
I actually got a good deal on two ornates i found on craigslist because the owner said the ornates were eating his angels and he didnt have room to separate them. I'm not sure how big the angles were but the ornates were around 8 inches at purchase
Nothing better than giving a unwanted fish a better home!

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Yeah I doubt I'm gonna go with angelfish. Any suggestions for some other medium sized fish that I can get 3-4 of? That are compatible with the Del and the green Severum of course

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
What was size difference? My 8in del took a full grown black angel by the face once he was gone others grabbed chunks. The angels weren't aggressive at all towards my polys. It was a 90 full of driftwood so ftons of hiding spaces

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store