1. Please clear out your caches and cookies and restart your desktop browser and mobile browser. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

New Aquarium Pictus cat died.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by bgwilly31, Apr 10, 2012.

1. bgwilly31

bgwilly31
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Jul 24, 2012
    Ok i started a 55 gal on 3-12-12. Bio Boost vitamins Aquar Clear 110 all added same day. On 3-26-12 i Went to walmart and found a Pictus Cat that i kind of impulsed bought and decided to add 4 mollies with him as starter fish while the tank cycled. Added them They all seem to be good except for one mollie was a little weird at first but then seem to come around. The pictus cat acted great really quick around the tank, started to like him a lot. Was feeding him blood worms. I bought a Full API kit and started testing the water.

Did tests on 4-2-12 and all the tests came out perfect. No nitrite no amonia and 40 ppm nitrate. PH was at 7.5.

on 4-8-12 i found one of the mollies the one i thought was a bit weird at first kind of mangled and stuck in the filter tube. Thought maybe the pictus cat messed with him. Than this morning my pictus cat is basically dead. A tiny bit of white flim seems to be hanging from him in certain spots and he's barely moving. I left him this morning but im fully expecting him tobe totally gone when i get home from work.

My thought now is wanting to prevent a disease from spreading in the tank. Any precautions or advice on what i should do from here to save the other fish and keep tank safe for my new fish i want to buy soon. I actually have a couple kinfe on order i was supposed to pick up later this week.

2. mr.bigglesworth

mr.bigglesworth
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Ryan
    HighSchool
    Apr 10, 2013
    That's why you quarantine first then add fish later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App