New fish added into tank

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Yep get rid of him or he'll definitely kill your fish off one by one. It was a bad decision to add him to your tank. Red devils are just ruthless, nothing in your tank can come close to competing with him at their current size.

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Sorry to hear it didn't work out but it's for the best to return him. With the 2 Oscars and a Front your 100 gallon is at its limit.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Most of the Central American genera Amphilophus, Parachromis, some Caquetaia or xCichlasom are much too aggressive to be house with frontosa, and in many cases oscars, they are not macho enough to deal with any of the above Central Americans.
I know some people think because of reputation, size, or looks, oscars and fronts are strong enough, but Central Americans, are in an entirely category.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Agree with all above give him back, I would add some more driftwood your ck needs its own "cave" having more than one piece of wood will give others some structure and security as well

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
He (clown knife) is also going to outgrow that 100 soon so be prepared. Is that an iridescent shark as well? They get huge as well. Your tank looks good and I am glad that devil didn't do any serious harm

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
Sooooo update, I got rid of that damn devil fish lol the pet store I got it from was rude to me and I've been a customer there for a couple months now. I will no longer be going to this LFS. He has sold me things before that I didn't need and just found out after talking to another person.....anyways, yes I know a lot of my fish are going to get bigger then my tank set up but this is all I have for now :/ I like the look of mulitple fish and I will get rid of them when the time is ready. I like to watch them grow as well. I added some new decor for more hiding places or caves. Also got some new fish to have that "full" look till I have to sell. image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Salvinis ? I think you'll be bringing them back soon too...and a carpintis? That tank is barely big enough for just your oscars

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
Salvinis ? I think you'll be bringing them back soon too...and a carpintis? That tank is barely big enough for just your oscars
Why would I take back the salvinis? What's a carpintis? Texas cichlid? And yes I have my tank overcrowded some but I like to have the tank full. There are plenty of hiding spots now for these cichlids. I'm going to sell some fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store